Monday, June 2, 2008

TOP 10 for the Week of June 1st

Counting down to the #1 must-have item for the week of June 1st ... here are my top 10 fashion (or music or anything) picks for this week!



#10: hot pink nail polish
The brighter, the better! I am in lovvveeeee with this neon pink one from Essie (pictured above). It's so fresh and perfect for summer!



#9: funky knee highs
Knee high socks can transform a plain little outfit into something amazingly cool and unique. I absolutely love sockdreams.com! I found them on Polyvore, and they have so many fabulously awesome options. The pair pictured above are Space-Dyed Knee Highs by the Nouvella label.



#8: j. crew's linen ruffle cardigan
Why do I love this cardigan (pictured) so much? It's so feminine, and the color is absolutely perfect for the summer! Yellow keeps the look from getting too girly. I like the way the model is wearing it in the photo -- open. It's great to just throw on, or to make the centerpiece of an outfit!



#7: american apparel's figure skater dress
This dress is so simple, yet so fabulously versatile. Just one thing you should know: I AM NOT A FAN OF PURPLE. I maintain a general state of abhorrence toward the color. But, the grape shade of this dress (pictured) is just so ... perfect. It's vivid, bold, unique, and gorgeous! But enough raving about this particular shade of purple. It's time for #6...



#6: animal-print shorts
I love this look! It's great to mix with solid-print tops. Just be careful not to over-do it. I prefer to keep busy shorts, well, short. I especially love the design of this pair (pictured) from the new Target go designer, Rogan. However, they do have a little bit of an awkward fit, and run very small, so make sure to try 'em before you buy 'em.



#5: tie-dye
I cannot being to describe my passion for tie-dye. Not the tacky, rainbow, dye-an-ugly-ill-fitting-t-shirt kind of tie-dye, but the pick-a-few-good-colors-and-go-with-them kind of tie-dye. I'll wear tie-dye pants, tanks, coats, socks ... all you need is some good fashion judgement to avoid looking too hippy-ish. The above picture is a Stella McCartney dress. I would prefer it in a different color -- the gray is a bit drab. Something fresh, like electric blue or hot pink.



#4: bright eyeshadow
Eyeshadow in bold, fresh, neon hues really makes your eyes pop if you get it just right. The key is to only accentuate part of your eye (above or below) and to only play up your eyes (no really shiny pink lip gloss, please!). I love orange, bright green and pink, bold blue, and pretty, shimmery gold! Above is a gorgeous bright-but-not-too-bright mossy green from Malandrino.



#3: american apparel tulip skirt
I just LOVE this skirt! Although it comes in many different colors, I just love the red. It's so bright and springy (even though it's practically summer)!



#2: the beat
I am going crazy for Burberry's latest fragrance -- The Beat. You've seen the ads (hopefully). It's amazing. A fabulous and unique scent. They describe it perfectly: "A sparkling floral woody fragrance." It's very energetic and has an effortlessly cool vibe. Read on for the number one pick of the week...



#1: a copy of the june/july issue of teen vogue
If you aren't a subscriber, or just don't have a copy of this Teen Vogue issue yet, YOU NEED TO GET IT. Especially if you are a fashion lover! Not because it's a really great issue (actually it's not, and I'm not a huge fan of Hayden Panettiere, either, although I don't hate her), but because they are giving away over 8,000 items in freebies! If you're lucky, you'll score something amazing. Their calendar on pages 170-171 lists all the items and when you can enter to win them. You can also sign up for text message alerts! By the way, those Rogan shorts from this week's list and some customized, tie-dyed clothing (jeans, scarves, and trench coats!) from Rodarte (see pages 142-143 in the June/July issue for information and photos) are up for grabs! Click HERE for more information on this massive giveaway!


IMAGE CREDITS (top to bottom): eNailSupply.com; Sock Dreams; J. Crew; American Apparel; Target.com; NET-A-PORTER.COM; CondéNet; American Apparel; Sephora USA, Inc.; Tecktonik Media

5 comments:

Gloria said...

I've tried hot pink nailpolish...now I'll need to check out neon pink!

FASHION CHALET said...

Great call, I almost bought that dress but was afraid I'd never wear it out. Now I want it again.. :( PS: my toes are always hot pink (when they aren't red or white!) ♥

AB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lovable_Me said...

The last time I read Teen Vogue was 4 months ago...practically all the nearest retailers stopped selling it!

Heybigtrender said...

essie? in neon pink? do my eyes decieve me?! lol

great banner phot. love it!