Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Spring's Nail Polish Trend

I don't know about you, but I am definitely going to be painting my nails this spring. Just a little tidbit about myself: I rarely paint my nails. But this trend is so fabulous, how could anyone resist? Alright, want to know? The color is .... NAVY BLUE. Now, I am most definitely not a fan of navy blue at all, just let me say that. I think it looks very unprofessional, and when it really should be black, navy just looks horrible. But for your nails -- well, I am totally loving it!


Chanel's Blue Satin (461) Nail Polish
was originally seen on models at the Chanel Spring 2008 show, and it went flying off the shelves. And now, it's sold out everywhere. Chanel is completely out online, and even Neiman Marcus no longer carries it. Why, if it is sold out then, am I telling you this now? Well, I was a little late too, I guess, but you can still snag some navy Wet N' Wild polish (in Sapphire Blue), so if you want to try this trend, then you better head to your local drugstore now (you couldn't even find black -- last year's nail color -- Wet N' Wild in 2007). I'm actually pretty disappointed I wasn't able to get the Chanel one, because the color is gorgeous, and it's very high quality. Go figure. But what I am curious to know is if they still sell the navy Chanel polish in Chanel stores in other countries besides the states? I'm not sure if it's a big trend there...

UPDATE: Sephora is now selling a limited edition Dior "Poison Blue" nail color! But it's going to sell out FAST and it's only available at Sephora.com, so submit your email now to be notified as soon as it arrives in stock!

UPDATE: Don't want to pay $19 for a bottle of [amazing] nail polish? Try OPI's "Yoga-Ta Get This Blue" nail color from the India Collection for only $7.89 at eNail Supply!

Will you be rocking navy nail polish this spring?

IMAGE: CollegeFashion.net

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for the info!! Now I know what color to paint my nails- I was stuck in the dark purple, bright red stage.

je suis mode said...

You're welcome! :) Dark purple, bright red, huh? Unless you want to look like a member of the Red Hat Society, LOL! But some people can make it work.

Anonymous said...

not both together, if thats what you meant. lol

je suis mode said...

Ohhh!!! XD

Lovable_Me said...

Thanks for the tip! I also rarely paint my nails, but I really want a bottle of OPI's new India collection for Spring 2008. They have really nice colors. The navy blue is "Yoga-ta Get This Blue!" or something like that. Creepy, but still.

What colors for clothes do you think would work with navy blue polish?

je suis mode said...

Interesting question...I think I'll do a post about that!

je suis mode said...

Okay, Lovable_Me, I found that OPI color online for only $7.89! I posted the link.

je suis mode said...

Lovable_Me,

Here is the link to the article I posted on how to wear navy nail polish:

http://trended.blogspot.com/2008/02/how-to-wear-navy-blue-nail-color.html

Lovable_Me said...

Lovely article! Thanks so much!