Monday, February 25, 2008

Red Carpet Style 2008

Each year, the gowns on the red carpet just get better and better, and 2008 was no exception! Some of my favorites:

Jennifer Garner. I absolutely feel in love with this Oscar de la Renta gown. It's fabulous, beautiful, and classy.

Cate Blanchett. Normally the dresses you see at the Academy Awards are solid-color gowns, but Cate looks amazing in this perfectly detailed one. I am also completely loving the color -- the deep blue may seem to edgy against pale skin, but she knows how to wear it.

Marion Cotillard. Another detailed gown, but in a sold color. I just fell in love with the mermaid-like shape, modern color, and texture.

Heidi Klum. The Project Runway host stood out in a sea of red dresses with this Haute Couture by John Galliano gown. It's stunning! The best part? It's going to be auctioned off to benefit Red Heart Truth charity. To bid, go to mycokerewards.com.

Kerri Russell. This strapless Nina Ricci evening gown is absolutely gorgeous! I love the soft color and the floaty fabric. It's perfectly accessorized with that necklace (H. Stern) as well.

Katherine Heigl. Another fabulous red dress. I love the shape of this one -- it's so modern and that detail on the shoulder makes it stand out from the usual red dress. Plus, it's elegant and flatters her beautifully.

Renée Zellweger. This Carolina Herrera dress is such a stunner -- it almost looks like Elie Saab Couture gown. It's so glam!

Penélope Cruz. Of course, we would expect no less from this ever-glamorous star. She looks absolutely elegant in her custom-designed (by Karl Lagerfeld) Chanel Haute Couture gown. And I adore the color -- it's simply gorgeous. As you know, I'm not the biggest fan of navy blue clothing, but this midnight color is fabulous!

What are your opinions on these gowns? Favorites? Least favorites?

CREDITS (from top to bottom):
Axelle/Bauer-Griffin; Kevork Djansezian/AP; Kevork Djansezian/AP; Frazer Harrison/Getty; Frazer Harrison/Getty; Jeff Vespa/WireImage; Steve Granitz/WireImage; Kevork Djansezian/AP

3 comments:

Lovable_Me said...

I loveeeeeee Marion's dress. I normally hate gowns in boring colors, but the details in this are amazing!

Cate's outfit wasn't very good. I like the gown, but not on her.

Heidi looks fab! I love the flow of her dress and the rich color of it!

Anonymous said...

There is something about Cate's dress that just doesn't look right, although I can't put a finger on it. I don't know if it's the designs on the bottom or the necklace (or is that embellishments on the halter?) Either way, it just seemed wrong somehow. But the color is beautiful!

Katherine Heigl looked amazing. I loved the O-ring on the shoulder, and it fit her perfectly. The hair was classic, too.

My other favorite of the night was Jennifer Garner. It's the basic black color, but the gown and the details were beautiful. I loved the simple up-do. She just glowed.

But, I may be partial to those two actresses because they're two of my favorites ;)

je suis mode said...

I think the issue with Cate's dress is it is a little too short for her, no? It's pretty though.